- Engage and enthuse students by offering a range of STEM workshops
- Raise the profile of science and technology in the school
- Expose students to a range of careers in STEM
During this week we dedicate 1 entire day to STEM enrichment activities. Here are some highlights of the day!
- Year 8 activities include workshops with Merck Sharpe and Dohme as well as other STEM Ambassadors from Newcastle University and local companies
- Year 7 had the opportunity to work with Expochef and also make Monster Sun Catcher keyrings
- Year 6 highlights included the much loved Creepy Crawley Roadshow, Technology Tom Exhibition and also chocolate welding!
Year 7 Expochef Year 6 making chocolate moulds
Year 8 work with STEM Ambassadors Year 6 Technology Tom workshop from Newcastle University
Year 8 students helping to deliver Year 4 Food Technology Taster Sessions
Year 7 Sugarpaste workshop
Handling snakes at the Creepy Crawley Year 6 meeting a giant snail at the Roadshow Creepy Crawley Roadshow