Welcome to our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) pages. We hope that you will find this information useful. We aim to describe the support available for your child in order that they are able to reach their full potential.
The Learning Trust is committed to a policy of including all children, where the teaching and learning achievements, attitudes and well-being of all, matter.
All children, regardless of ability and behaviour, are valued equally. Children with SEND are part of the whole school and individual children’s needs are recognised and met through varied and flexible provision. Details of the percentage of pupils with SEND and their progress compared to the national average can be found on the DfE School Performance tables.
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators (SENCOs) are:
- Chantry Middle School – Becky Dunphy
- Newminster Middle School – Jane Hamilton
- The King Edward VI School – Susan Moore
Our Governor with responsibility for SEND is Hilary Rimmer.
Our Home School Link staff are:
- Chantry Middle School – Sarah Chattaway
- Newminster Middle School – Sharon Patterson
- King Edward VI School – Amanda Gilholm
Updated: May 2016
Review: May 2017