Please can we ask for your continued support in ensuring that all students have the correct uniform and kit for school. This includes all equipment required for successful learning in lessons. We would also ask that all uniform and kit is clearly and permanently labelled to help minimise loss and ensure that in the event of this happening we are able to return uniform and kit to the correct child.
- Smart, school style dark grey, black or navy regulation trousers / knee length skirts or shorts (no lycra / denim / canvas / leggings / leisure wear) – any brand / supplier
- Navy ‘V’ necked jumper with school motif – supplied by Emblematic
- House Colour Polo Shirt with or without school motif
- Plain navy, black or grey socks or tights
Jewellery and accessories
- No jewellery to be worn, except a watch
- No nail polish or make-up (including fake tan)
- Belts should be plain and unobtrusive
- Shoulder length hair (or longer) must be fully tied back and well off the face
- Ribbons and hair bands must be plain and unobtrusive
- Eccentric hairstyles are not allowed
- No hairstyle should be shorter than a number 2 guard used on hair clippers.
- Hair should be natural in colour if artificially coloured
Shoes should be:
- Plain (with no obvious logos) black shoes or ankle boots (no knee high boots)
- Flat (no heels)
- Give adequate protection against the weather.
- Provide appropriate support for growing feet
Please note that sports trainers are not permitted in school. If it is necessary for alternative footwear to be worn to and from school, then a suitable pair of boots / shoes (as outlined above) should be brought to change into.
- All children are provided with a school planner which they are expected to have with them at all times – the planner is a key home-school communication tool and we kindly request that this is checked and signed on a weekly basis
- Children are expected to have a pencil case that contains (as a minimum) 2 black pens, 2 pencils, a ruler, rubber and pencil sharpener. We also encourage children to have mathematical equipment (protractor etc), a black handwriting pen, colouring pencils and highlighters. A purple pen is also encouraged as we use this when students are asked to write responses to marking and feedback that they have been given on their work.
- A calculator
- Sturdy waterproof bag for carrying books and belongings
- Reading book
- Apron for technology is optional
- Plain black leggings, joggers, skorts or shorts (either ‘football’ or cycling shorts’ style no shorter than mid thigh in length)
- Reversible rugby top (red)
- Red knee length socks or sports socks
- Plain white or black t-shirt or polo short (in warmer weather)
- Gum shield for contact rugby in KS3
- Football boots and shin pads preferred
Design & Technology
For Food Technology lessons, pupils are required to bring their own ingredients and suitable containers for the product they are cooking. Children will be advised of this in advance.
Protecting Personal Property
Children should not bring expensive items of personal property to school. The school cannot guarantee the safety of such items and The Trust cannot accept responsibility for the loss of such items. When pupils are required to bring money into school e.g. for non-uniform day, this will be collected at the earliest opportunity. However, we advise that the majority of payments required to school are made via MCAS unless otherwise stated.
We also request that all items of personal property are CLEARLY AND PERMANENTLY LABELLED to support our ability to return misplaced items back to their rightful owners.
Deliveries from Emblematic
Emblematic is our designated uniform provider.
Emblematic [Bedlington] 30 Glebe Road
Emblematic [Morpeth] Unit 2 The Old Stables Greys Yard Morpeth NE61 1QD
Delivery times vary upon time of year.
- Normal times are 7-10 working days
- Please order before 1st August to ensure delivery before the start of autumn term
Updated: September 2022