Please can we ask for your continued support in ensuring that all students have the correct uniform and kit for school. This includes all equipment required for successful learning in lessons. We would also ask that all uniform and kit is clearly and permanently labelled to help minimise loss and ensure that in the event of this happening we are able to return uniform and kit to the correct child.
- Dark grey, black or navy regulation trousers (full length and standard fit – no denim, canvas, lycra or leggings)
- Dark grey, black or navy regulation skirts or shorts (knee length and standard fit – no denim, canvas or lycra)
- Navy ‘V’ necked jumper with school motif
- House Colour Polo Shirt with school motif
- Navy, black or grey socks or tights
Jewellery and accessories
- Must not be worn in school. Earrings, studs or other body piercings are not allowed to be worn.
- Silent watches may be worn – no apple or other smart watches
- No nail polish or make-up
- If a belt is worn, it should be black or navy blue
- Long hair must be plaited or tied back and well off the face
- Ribbons and hair bands must be plain and unobtrusive
- Eccentric hairstyles are not allowed
- No hairstyle should be shorter than a number 2 guard used on hair clippers.
- Hair should be natural in colour if artificially coloured
Shoes should be:
- Black and flat (heel height less than 3cm)
- Give adequate protection against bad weather.
- Provide satisfactory support to feet that are not yet fully formed
Please note that fashion fabric shoes, trainers and boots are not permitted in school. If, due to comfort or weather conditions, alternative shoes are worn for the journey to school, footwear that meets the description above must be brought to change in to for the school day.
- All children are provided with a school planner which they are expected to have with them at all times – the planner is a key home-school communication tool and we kindly request that this is checked and signed on a weekly basis
- Children are expected to have a pencil case that contains (as a minimum) 2 black pens, 2 pencils, a ruler, rubber and pencil sharpener. We also encourage children to have mathematical equipment (protractor etc), a black handwriting pen, colouring pencils and highlighters. A purple pen is also encouraged as we use this when students are asked to write responses to marking and feedback that they have been given on their work.
- A calculator
- Whilst Science goggles are provided, personal sets can be purchased
- Sturdy waterproof bag for carrying books and belongings
- Reading book
- Apron for technology is optional
- Black or navy PE shorts or skorts
- Reversible rugby top (red)
- Red knee length socks or sports socks
- Plain white t-shirt or polo shirt
- Black tracksuit bottoms, leggings or thermal pants
- Gum shield for contact rugby in KS3
- Football boots and shin pads preferred
Design & Technology
For Food Technology lessons, pupils are required to bring their own ingredients and suitable containers for the product they are cooking. Children will be advised of this in advance.
Protecting Personal Property
Children should not bring expensive items of personal property to school. The school cannot guarantee the safety of such items and The Trust cannot accept responsibility for the loss of such items. When pupils are required to bring money into school e.g. for non-uniform day, this will be collected at the earliest opportunity. However, we advise that the majority of payments required to school are made via School Gateway unless otherwise stated.
We also request that all items of personal property are CLEARLY AND PERMANENTLY LABELLED to support our ability to return misplaced items back to their rightful owners.
Deliveries from Emblematic
Emblematic is our designated uniform provider.
- Order online via dedicated page.
- Via post with a cheque or postal order enclosed with your order form (Post to: Emblematic, Unit 26, North Tyne Ind. Est, Longbenton, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 9SZ)
30 Glebe Road
Telephone: 0191 270 1449
Wednesday 12pm – 5pm, Saturday 10am – 4pm during winter. Extended opening times during summer period.
If delivery is paid you may have items delivered to an address of your choice. (£2.00 for first item+ £1.00 per item subsequently)
Delivery times vary upon time of year.
- Normal times are 7-10 working days
- Please order before 1st August to ensure delivery before the start of autumn term
Updated: September 2021