Curriculum review and development is a constant and ongoing process in school. Curriculum collaboration with First School and High School colleagues ensures continuity in the curriculum offer across both KS2 and KS3 and ensures that students are well prepared for the next phase of their education.
As part of this ongoing development we have aimed to ensure that the curriculum:
- Is broad and balanced;
- Is interesting and engaging;
- Encourages depth of learning as well as breadth;
- Allows for the appropriate support and challenge such that all learners can make excellent progress, regardless of their starting points;
- Builds on previous learning and allows for progression within a subject;
- Creates opportunity for different types of learning e.g. practical, creative etc.;
- Develops skills throughout e.g. literacy and numeracy;
- Develops personal skills of teamwork, independence, resilience etc.
- Incorporates our 9 Core Values
- Supports the development of students spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding
Alongside the ongoing development of the curriculum, assessment frameworks have also been devised which provide the structure for both the curriculum and the assessment of this.
As well as our core curriculum offer, our enrichment curriculum is equally important to ensure that we are truly able to fulfill our commitment to ensure that we ‘foster academic and personal development in a caring and challenging environment so that each child can achieve his or her potential.’
If you require any further information with regard to the curriculum in a year group or subject, please do not hesitate to contact the respective Director of Learning and Teaching and/or the Curriculum Leader for a subject. Staff details can be found here.
Updated: September 2018
Review date: August 2019